Another returnee !!

For all new members to tell us all about yourself. Welcome.
Colin_Allchin_3933

Another returnee !!

Post by Colin_Allchin_3933 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:41 pm

Hi All,

Just a quick hello.

I originally joined the PAC when it was first launched back in '77 ? I was a member for some years until all the usual "noise" got in the way and fishing went on the back burner for a while. When I returned pike fishing seemed in a bad way, a lot of previous waters were a shadow of their former self and rules and restrictions became very, well, restrictive. So I concentrated on tench and carp mostly and still do, however a chance to fish a water that has been only very lightly fished, if at all for pike, rather rekindled my interest again, so here I am.

My membership card came through promptly along with a copy of the current issue of Pikelines, it would have been nice to have a welcome note giving details of the forum, website and what is my local region and RO, how to get a current badge (is there one ?) if not I could dig out my old original cloth badge which I still have somewhere. I've found most things for now but I had to dig a bit.

On the surface all looks much the same, Pikelines is now in colour though !!

Tackle and tactics, well not much changes in pike fishing does it ? Tackle seems a bit heavier than it did but I daresay my old P1's and 8010 reels will still provide good service and a pair of #6 semi barbless trebles on 18" of 30lb Mason's stuck in a half mackerel or lamprey will still catch them I expect.

The biggest advances seem to be on the lure side, if you can find somewhere to use them !!

I was never one for fishing "circuit waters" and chasing known fish so I doubt I will venturing out on any of those but hope to catch a few from the pit and rivers in my area.

Cheers for now.

Colin.

davelumb

Re: Another returnee !!

Post by davelumb » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:17 pm

Welcome back!

If the pike are there the same old methods will still catch them. ;)

John Milford

Re: Another returnee !!

Post by John Milford » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:13 pm

Welcome back Colin. 👍