An old rejoiner

For all new members to tell us all about yourself. Welcome.
michaelbruton3053

An old rejoiner

Post by michaelbruton3053 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:21 pm

Hello all from a former PAC member from many, many years ago. Certainly before this forum existed. I have very fond memories though of the Pikelines magazine. My fishing has taken me in very different directions and I now tend to spend most of the year with a fly rod in my hand and fishing very close to home. Pike fishing has become an occasional pursuit most often with a lure rod but have never lost the love for these amazing creatures or the methods and tackle employed in their capture. There is just something different and magical about pike fishing, even to someone of my senior years. Regardless of how often, or not, I may pursue them I still believe that they must be treated with the utmost care and respect and that sensible tackle must be used at all times. Even when speaking and fishing with anglers from other disciplines I tend to be a little bit evangelical about pike care and conservation.

I live in Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland so not exactly the centre of the universe for piking but I do manage a few trips away to my son's caravan in County Fermanagh several times a year. Hoping to keep up to date and gain new knowledge by returning to the PAC. God forbid I might even find I know something I can contribute.

john currie

Re: An old rejoiner

Post by john currie » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:00 pm

Welcome back Michael and good luck with the fishing.

michaelbruton3053

Re: An old rejoiner

Post by michaelbruton3053 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:14 am

Thank you John.
:D