Alarms and indicators

If you are new to piking ask for advice here.
TrevorPeddle1985

Re: Alarms and indicators

Post by TrevorPeddle1985 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:29 pm

Thanks Toby, very much appreciated.
Ollie - do you 2 or 3 ft Twistiks?

olliesheridan

Post by olliesheridan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:23 pm

TrevorPeddle1985 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:29 pm
Thanks Toby, very much appreciated.
Ollie - do you 2 or 3 ft Twistiks?
Sorry for the late reply - I use the 2 foot ones which extend to (realistically) 3 foot 2 inches. This height is nice because if you use the Billy's then it gives plenty of clearance for the swinging arm, but this is just my preference as it doesn't really matter.

I also have the Gardner storm stiks as well which are basically the same thing (but black) just without the threaded point as these are slightly better if you're putting the rest in the water as they just push in (hard ground is obviously not a problem in the water). I actually have these in a slightly longer version as you need to take into account the water depth (I have the 48" ones).

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
---
Ollie Sheridan, Walton PAC Region 15

TrevorPeddle1985

Post by TrevorPeddle1985 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Thanks Ollie, I think that’s it for now :D thanks everyone

TrevorPeddle1985

Post by TrevorPeddle1985 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:01 pm

Ok so I have rests, banksticks and 2 x Billys on the way .... rods and reels sorted along with terminal tackle etc, I think I am ready to go. Must remember not to take the comfortable seat box, footplate and side trays with me :D I will try a bit of lure fishing to start with for short sessions and try bait fishing as soon as I can commit beyond an hour or so, will start with one rod - Match Fishing remember - we can only use one thing at a time :D I will get out with a local PAC member too while I find my feet. Thanks to all