Broads tagging project

Discuss general pike fishing topics here.
john currie

Broads tagging project

Post by john currie » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:07 pm

Hallo all
I met with EA reps and Professor Robert Britten and Andy Hindes today to finalise details of stage two of the broads tagging project.We will start using the electronic tags in November alongside the normal tagging project.We will also be tagging bream.In September EA and Andy Hindes will be out on the rivers finding ideal positions for all the gadgetry receivers etc. Permissions from landowners will have to be given to mount aerials etc.The tag batteries last for 3 years so we will get a fair amount of info during that time.I would like to thank Steve lane of fisheries for his hard work in raising funds for this project .We will learn so much from this project which I believe will help greatly in times of salt surges and prymnesium blooms ,it will also be very helpful in protecting spawning sites.All in all a very exciting time and great to see EA spending money on what many of us believe to be something that is in decline on the Broads ,the pike.

Jason Skilton

Re: Broads tagging project

Post by Jason Skilton » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:57 am

Sound great, count me in on the tagging!

john currie

Re: Broads tagging project

Post by john currie » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:05 pm

Hallo all
Just a heads up anyone fishing the Thurne system and associated broads on January13th to 17th.Due to the tagging project boat traffic and bank angling will be increased.The project will benefit anglers so please forgive the extra presence of pikers.