Minn Kota repair advice please

Whether you are are a seasoned boat piker, or new to the game, this is the place for you.
Mark Leathwood

Minn Kota repair advice please

Post by Mark Leathwood » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:50 pm

I have a Minn Kota Endura Max 55, a little over two years old, which is in need of repair after I accidentally pulled too hard when extending the handle - which then came out of its housing and shouldn't have done. I have tried several times to put the handle back as it was, but the motor just isn't responding properly to the twist grip throttle. At the moment it appears to be working okay in reverse but the propellor is only turning very slowly when going forward.

So far I have managed to establish the location of my nearest Minn Kota dealer, which is in Warrington. They are able to supply parts but don't diagnose faults or do repairs, so aren't much help. I could probably order the parts myself from Canada if I knew exactly what was broken but, despite having tinkered about, I still don't know exactly which part (or parts) need replacing.

Can anyone please help me identify a likely repairer - preferably within reasonable travelling distance of Cheshire.

Thank you.
R.O. Cheshire Region