Free Spirit E Tamer Boat Rod (10’ 3lb Version)

Use this forum to post reviews of tackle, clothing, and anything else of use to pike anglers that you have found to be good value, or to have made your fishing better.
Jason Skilton

Free Spirit E Tamer Boat Rod (10’ 3lb Version)

Post by Jason Skilton » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:04 pm

I was in the market for a pair of new boat rods end of last years (2016) and after much deliberation; I opted to by a pair of Free Spirit E Tamer boat rods.

There are two 10ft boat versions available to buy, a 2½lb TC and a 3lb TC version. I went for the slightly heavier 3lb TC rods because I generally use big baits and leads from the boat.

The rods came from an online tackle shop and I did get abit of discount for the pair instead of paying the retail price of £ 99.99 and they arrived in the usual cloth bag.

I have coupled the rods with 6000 sized bait runners and they feel well balanced in the hand when casting out and feel equally balanced when playing a pike of 20lb+

The standard build, utilises a Fuji DPS-18 real seat, duplon grip and they own 4 leg guides, plus a hook keeper. The rods feel well built and functional, just how a proper pikers rod should be, but does lack a line chip so I did add an optional elastic band.

Rods can also build by a number of the customer rod builders out there so suit individual needs and taste.

Well I've added to this and also now bought the third and final one.
PAC RO Suffolk & LO East Anglia
PAC14 Press Officer and Social Media Manager