Barrie Rickards' tackle

Terms of use and news of changes and updates to the forums.
Colin Brett

Barrie Rickards' tackle

Post by Colin Brett » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:04 pm

Hi All,

You may have seen this post on "The Pit"

I've just been contacted by Barrie's partner to get advice on how to dispose of his tackle.

There's a chance it might go to auction at Cheffin's in Cambridge or I thought some on here might be interested in owning some of his stuff?
I don't have a list at present but I'm hoping Mandy will finally come up with one.
I don't think there is anything of great value as it was mostly Shakespeare and well used.

His book collection isn't included as yet, but it might be at a later date.

Mandy is looking for an idea of what the Austin van might be worth, any car dealers on here to give her an idea. I'm looking for a photo to post.
The same goes for his boat and trailer, looking to find a photo.

If anyone is interested please let me know.

Joe Birch

Re: Barrie Rickards' tackle

Post by Joe Birch » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:58 pm

Might be an idea to do an article about it for the next issue of Pikelines, will probably reach a wider audience who maybe don’t use t’inter-web

David Holden

Post by David Holden » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:49 am

The van is not an Austin. It's a Morris Minor. Not many were made and few survive, hence anyone who wants one will be prepared to pay a good price. It depends largely on body condition. No doubt some will be seen offered for sale at high prices, and if they are well-restored (i.e. extensive and well-done panel repairs) they will get them. Most of the time they are in need of full restoration, and would bring maybe a couple of thousands at best.
A Saturday-afternoon 'tidy-up' does not constitute a restoration - the latter would be a couple of years to an experienced 'hobby' enthusiast. I speak from experience of full restorations.
Mandy would be well advised to consult a vehicle auction company for a realistic valuation.

Colin Brett

Post by Colin Brett » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:22 pm

Dave it's registered as an Austin! I will pass on your offer to Mandy when next I see her 👍