Lake of Menteith issues IMPORTANT UPDATE

Find out what your club is getting up to.
Post Reply
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:16 pm

Lake of Menteith issues IMPORTANT UPDATE

Post by Dickculpin » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:28 pm

Good afternoon all,

The deadline for applications for the proposed event on 6 March is fast approaching and I can confirm that the event is already oversubscribed so a draw for places will take place. However in the wake of yesterdays announcements I am far from confident that the event will take place at all. I appreciate that everyone that has applied will be desperate to get on the Lake (me included) and I am also aware that people will need to think about accommodation etc. The lockdown situation in both England and Scotland is unlikely to change before the end of January so I intend deferring any draw etc until the situation is clearer. IF it looks as if the event is off my intention is to send everyone their cheques back. I already have a back log for the postponed November 2020 event and am no nearer being able to reorganise that. I will however give priority to everyone who has applied for the March event for any future dates that I agree with the Fishery but new applications will be required and will appear in a future issue of Pikelines.

I am really sorry that I cannot be more upbeat than this at the moment. I am in contact with Quint at the Lake on a regular basis and will update everyone as soon as I can.

In the meantime assuming that we can still get out there and do it I wish you all tight lines.

Stay safe


Post Reply