alex spence

New Badge

Post by alex spence » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:16 pm

First Impression.
I am Not impressed with the new badge.

John Milford

Re: New Badge

Post by John Milford » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:08 pm

Well I like it! 👍 (Which surprised me slightly, being a traditionalist. :lol: ).

Jason Skilton

Post by Jason Skilton » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:29 am

John Milford wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:08 pm
Well I like it! 👍 (Which surprised me slightly, being a traditionalist. :lol: ).
Your a sick man Milford :lol:

The new logo is like marmite ;)

Andy_Carpenter

Post by Andy_Carpenter » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:29 am

I don't like it, I'm proud to be a member and wear the apparel even when not fishing.
To me it's lost its statement. Now it only associates itself within the PAC.
To someone outside of the PAC it just has no meaning three letters above an emoji :?:
We love pike what sort of pike is that :roll:

I was fishing the other day when a chap walked past saw my OLD PAC Hoodie and cap He remarked "good to see someone who cares is fishing for the pike in here".
Don't think I would of received the same comment from the new one lacking the clubs identity :(

dianacrook

Post by dianacrook » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:11 am

I have been in the PAC since the late 70's and always worn my PAC Badges and apparel with pride, i have 5 different badges from when i joined. I ice fish every year in Canada and always display the PAC logo on my ice fishing shelter generating a lot of interest. Beaver dam tip-ups company in America even made me a tip-up with the PAC logo displayed on it. If you look at www.esoxonice.co.uk you will see the tackle i use out there. So why is the current logo being replaced with something that looks as if it has been drawn by a child in nursery school! Why fix something if it isn't broken! Come on back admit its a mistake and revert back to the professional looking logo that everyone is familiar with. I don't think this ,new badge represents what PAC stands for.

PhilRead3091

Post by PhilRead3091 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:49 am

Having just rejoined I was all ready to get some PAC clothing and looking forward to my first issue of Pikelines but with the new logo I won't be buying any and I thought the mag looked a bit comic like when it fell on my doormat :| :o :shock: I guess it's like many things and personal taste though I'm sure some love the new look but as has been said above it's sort of lost it's identity and looks childish?

Jason Skilton

Post by Jason Skilton » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:20 am

Can I suggest that if we are all unhappy with the new club bage that we all write, yes write a email or letter to the Gen Sec.

John Milford

Post by John Milford » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:27 pm

I guess the acid test will be PAC product sales for merchandise with the new logo?