PAC and EA News Nov 2018

Find out what your club is getting up to.
john currie

Re: PAC and EA News Nov 2018

Post by john currie » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:20 am

davelumb wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:04 pm
Eric Edwards wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:58 am
It seems the plan is to standardise local byelaws across the country...
Which is why I have concerns about the PAC's support for proposals to limit summer piking in Broadland. I'd welcome a guarantee that this would be specifically for an area where pike stocks are deemed to be in decline or threatened.
It was made clear in the meeting that the proposals were for broads area only because of the decline in pike numbers.Andy Martin also made clear that although they are standardizing a number of bylaws when it was applicable bylaws would be introduced for one area only.Pac would not agree or back any suggested Bye law that were not needed for the rest of the country.Defra want everything evidence led and normally want to see it backed bye anglers as well.Banning gags and grips was suggested for the whole of the country and I think the vast majority would agree with that.It should be remembered that there are a few more meetings and discussions to be had before any actions relating to pike anglers are taken .New bylaws will be coming out this year others will need up to 3 years to be introduced and we will be consulted.

davelumb

Re: PAC and EA News Nov 2018

Post by davelumb » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:08 pm

Get it in writing! :D